Friday, April 23, 2004

First of all, as always, ignore the ads at the top of the page.



The General Assaults My Funny Bone, and Overwhelms My Metaphors With Superior Firepower


Us bloggers are for the most part gossip mongers and part town criers. Very few of us are actual journalists (especially me). We just find interesting articles in various places and try to point you, our humble readers (Hello, is there anybody out there?) to these stories. Some of us are more clever in our ways of delivering these articles to you.

Commonly, many blogs will write about the same article. Recently I wrote a short blurb pointing you to an article in the WaPo about Jamiel Terry and his father, Randall Terry (see below). In general I wasn't trying to be funny and I was kind of in a hurry when I posted about this article. That said, I just linked to Jesus' General and read his response to the same article. My first thoughts were - well I don't know what my first thoughts were because I was laughing so hard I couldn't think. However, my following thoughts were "Bubba, you will never be able to write like that. This guy is funny. This guy has talent. You are just a hack." If you haven't checked out the General, you really should.

Oh well, I guess I'll keep hacking away.

|