Wednesday, April 07, 2004

OK,

This is it. I've created a blog. Now what the hell do I say.

Hopefully, this will be a conversation with others rather than just a journal of my thoughts.


I still don't know what in the world I am doing. My first thought is - will I keep this up? My second thought is who is going to read this? (Answer - Probably nobody!)

So what is going on today. Let's see - All hell is breaking loose in Iraq. See Al Jazeera exclusive pictures for the true horror of war - beware - very graphic.
Why does the current Iraq situation not surprise me? Why was this outcome so obvious to a large amount of the world, but so oblivious to the majority of the American public?

For interesting perspectives of what is going on in Iraq see Bagdad Burning or Where is Raed . Riverbend (Baghdad Burning) is a young woman (20-ish) who lives in Baghdad. Her post from this morning ends with the following statement -

"And as I blog this, all the mosques, Sunni and Shi’a alike, are calling for Jihad..."



Condi is going to testify to the 9/11 commission tomorrow. More on this later.

OK, so this takes more time than I expected. Guess it will be a lunchtime and late night exercise.


More to come.


|