Sunday, September 12, 2004

September Musings

Well it has been a full week again since I last blogged. Don't know whether I am getting bored of this or whether I really have more important things going on. So what is there to discuss this week.

How about the seemingly ineffectual Kerry campaign. Why is it that Democrats run such shitty campaigns? Why are they always playing defense rather than offense? Why do they continually let Karl Rove (or Lee Atwater before him) define the agenda?

I realize the incumbent administration has a huge advantage in terms of getting free media coverage, but Bush and his administration have so many apparent weak points. From my perspective, it is a very target rich environment. But Kerry has decided to campaign as a kinder and gentler Bush. His position on the war is nearly identical to Bush's (which pisses me and most Democratic activists off). He tries to explain his opinions about the war in very nuanced terms. This just allows Karl Rove to tee off on Kerry. It is just too easy to portray Kerry as soft, irresolute, and without strong convictions.

Kerry needs his own Karl Rove. He needs a James Carville. The Bushies do not play fair. Kerry needs someone who understands this and can go after Bush in a mean, low-down and dirty way.

The Dems cannot continue to pretend that there is not a cultural war going on in this country. For me the immediate enemy is not Al Qaeda. The enemy that has the potential to do permanent damage to the country that I love will not come from the outside. We are the strongest country or political union that has ever existed. Our military is so superior to every other force, no country would ever voluntarily take them on in a conventional fight. United, there is no way that our country can be defeated or even seriously threatened by an external enemy. However, like all great powers throughout history, the seeds of our destruction lie within. It is a rotting at the core that will cause our country to destruct.

The enemies of my country, the country I love, the Constitution I love, are Tom DeLay, Rush Limbaugh, Karl Rove, Dick Cheney, Rupert Murdoch, Ann Coulter, Michael Savage, Richard Mellon Scaife and the rest of the right-wing cabal determined to turn this country into the largest banana republic theocracy that ever existed.

OK, I'm going over the edge here. I better take a break and take the rest of this up later.



|