Monday, February 28, 2005

WTF

Usually when I post I try to think of a catchy title then I adjust my post to the title. This, of course, is totally bass ackwards to what real writers (or at least good writers do). However, what I am about to write about defies, for the moment, my ability to reduce it to a one liner.

My son, (a normal Texas teenage boy with overactive hormones and an overinflated ego) occasionally goes to church with his friends. I personally am too far beyond redemption for church going. I am going to hell, and there is no way of getting around it - or at least according to my neighbors. God and I parted ways many many years ago, and we have both been comfortable in our separation. I don't bad mouth him/her. He/she leaves me alone and especially doesn't play the guilt card with me.

Anyway, my son went to one of the local Southern Baptist Churches with his friend last Sunday after spending the night at his friend's house. He attended church service then a Sunday school class. In his Sunday school class, he was treated to some interesting gospel. For instance, did you know that "Barak Obama exibits traits of the Antichrist". And did you know that Condoleeza Rice is the Sunday School Teacher's favored "God's candidate" to take on Hillary Clinton in 2008.

Now if Sunday school was all about political indoctrination, I would not have given up God so easily - because political arguing is like breathing to me. Or sex. Or maybe beer. Let's get the discussion going. I love that shit. You think you are going to indoctrinate me. BRING IT ON!!

Oh, I forgot. This communication is a one way street. Youth aren't allow to condradict their elders (Yes Sir, Yes Maaam). Shut up and listen. Be polite. Blah, blah, blah - George Bush - Blah, blah, blah.

Well, this is the state of political discussion in our country - Barak Obama is the Antichrist!

|