Wednesday, June 01, 2005

A Hemorrhage of Jihadists

Under a headline of "Terror strategy under review" Susan Glasser of the Washington Post explained recently that the Bush administration is revising their efforts to battle world terrorism. This is my favorite paragraph:

"Much of the discussion has focused on how to deal with the rise of a new generation of terrorists, schooled in Iraq over the past couple of years. Top government officials are increasingly turning their attention to anticipate what one called 'the bleed out' of hundreds or thousands of Iraq-trained jihadists back to their home countries throughout the Middle East and Western Europe. 'Its a new piece of a new equation,' a former senior Bush administration official said. 'If you don't know who they are in Iraq, how are you going to locate them in Istanbul or London?' "

Why didn't I think of that? I wrote a little song about it, because I know you all love my songs. This one is to the tune of Come Monday by Jimmy Buffett, songs I know by heart.

Come Friday

Headin’out to my mosque in London,
For the Bank Holiday weekend jihad.
I’ve got my Quran by my side,
And a schematic plan of the Underground.
Habibi, I didn’t know,
That Allah was missing me so.

But come Friday, it will be alright,
Come Friday, I’ll blow London sky high.
I’ve spent four Iraqi years,
Amid sand, blood and tears,
Now I just want to be by His side.

Yes it’s been quite a summer,
Kidnappings, downed helicopters and planes.
And now we’re off to Europe,
Some things I dare not explain.
Pakistan it won’t be quite then,
I may never see home again.

Cuz come Friday I’m going to die,
Come Friday, I’ll blow Paris sky high.
I’ve spent four Iraqi years,
Amid sand, blood and tears,
Now I just want to be by Allah’s side.

I’ve got plenty of money,
To buy the things that I need.
I learned a lot from Zarqawi,
For my brothers I’d kill anywhere.
Tell my family it’s my time to go,
By Monday, my mission you’ll know.

Come Friday, Islam will be alright,
Come Friday, we’ll blow the world apart.
We’ve spent four Iraqi years,
Amid sand, blood and tears,
Inshallah, we’ll be by His side.

|