Monday, March 20, 2006

yeah, what digby sez

I'm sure I've said this before, but one of the best writers on the internets is digby of Hullabaloo. Whatever I'm thinking, however I'm feeling, whenever I plan to write something about the current state of affairs in this country and around the world, digby thought it first, felt it deeper, wrote it better than me.

Rather than giving me some sort of complex, it makes me feel oddly better. I wrote about how the silence of the Democratic Party Leaders gave me blogger laryngitis, digby says Don't Make Trouble. While we both bemoan the "conventional wisdom" that causes congressional dems to fear decision itself, digby points to the biggest problem facing progressives today,

If the Democrats lose in November, I'm sure she'll(Eleanor Clift) find
plenty of reasons to blame Democrats, but it won't occur to her that the reason
people didn't vote for the D's was because the party listened to people
like her and campaigned like a herd of neutered animals instead of listening to
their hearts, their minds, their constituents and their leaders who were
prepared to take a stand for what we believe in.
No, they'll blame the
"extremists" who want a safety net and a sane terrorism policy --- and leaders
who defend the constitution. It couldn't possibly be that their tired, stale
reflexive passivity is to blame when half the base fails to turn out
because they just. have. no. hope.


Makes you feel kinda special inside, a little sick, yet vindicated, like, so I'm not the only one...

|